REUNIONs: "...My husband, Ty Wilcox, served with VP-65. I am on a committee for a VP-65 Reunion being held in Vegas in May, 2011. I will be doing a Tribute to VP-65 onto a permanent DVD/Slideshow. I am looking for anyone who may have photographs to contribute. I will need these by March 1. Please contact me. Thanks..." Contributed by Lin Wilcox email@example.com [31JAN2011]
REUNIONs: "...VP-65 Reunion / Distablishment Ceremony..." Contributed by Norman Haussmann (former CO) firstname.lastname@example.org [Updated 31JAN2006 | 14JAN2006]
Dear Current and Former Members of Patrol Squadron Sixty-Five,
You, your family, and friends are cordially invited to attend the VP-65 Disestablishment Ceremony and Reunion Party.
Make checks payable to the “VP-65 Disestablishment Fund”. Please mail payment to:
- Reunion Party Date: 04 March 2006
Time: 1530 – till the last Trident drops.
Location: Hangar 351, NAS Point Mugu, California
Cost: $20.00 per person. Children 12 and under are free.
Event Specifics: A Wood Ranch Catered meal and live music.
RSVP: 20 February 2006.
1. The squadron spaces will open at 1230 for general viewing.
Patrol Squadron 65
Attn: LCDR Bourbeau
365 NAR Road
Point Mugu, CA 93042
2. The Reunion Party is NOT a Navy sponsored event and the cost must be assumed by those who plan to attend. The price of your ticket includes food, beverage, and live music.
3. Email your intentions to attend and the number of guests in your party to email@example.com. Please include the age, affiliation (i.e. former Trident, spouse, friend, etc) and as appropriate, the retiring or current rank of all participants. Your participation in the reunion party will be confirmed upon receipt of your check or money order. For planning purposes, checks must be received by 20 February.
4. We are collecting Team Trident photos to display and distribute at the party. Please email any photos you may have to LCDR Bourbeau at the above email address as soon as possible.
5. There have been several active and former Tridents who have graciously enquired about making donations to offset the expenses and make this a grander event. If you would like, donations by check or money order can be made out to the “VP-65 Disestablishment Fund. Thank you in advance for supporting this event. Every little bit will help us close YOUR squadron in proper fashion.
6. With the exception of the Official Party, formal invitations will not be sent. Email is the primary means of notifying the Trident family. Please forward this email to all those who may want to attend.
7. Please refer to http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=202603 for Disestablishment and Reunion Party updates.
I sincerely look forward to seeing you all as we join together in celebration of Team Trident's 35 years of honorable service.
Thanks For Serving,
Commanding Officer Patrol Squadron Six Five
"VP-65 Summary Page"